- Provided by an IASSC fully Accredited Training Organisation (ATO): Hudson
- Exam fee paid for/included to sit the official IASSC exam and get certification from the IASSC
- Official exam can be sat at home or in the office
- Upon successful completion of the final exam, you will receive a certification from the IASSC confirming you are fully Six Sigma Green Belt certified
- Course can be completed in 30-60 days
- 12 months access to course material
- Course created for Minitab
- Course notes
- Downloadable study textbooks that mirror the course notes
- Test questions
- Test question resources
- Exercise files
- Pareto example
- An IASSC Six Sigma Green Belt sample test paper
What is Six Sigma?
Six Sigma is a set of techniques and tools for process improvement. It was introduced by engineer Bill Smith while working at Motorola in 1986. Jack Welch made it central to his business strategy at General Electric in 1995. Today it is used in many industrial sectors.
Six Sigma seeks to improve the quality of the output of a process by identifying and removing the causes of defects and minimizing variability in manufacturing and business processes. It uses a set of quality management methods, mainly empirical, statistical methods, and creates a special infrastructure of people within the organization, who are experts in these methods. Each Six Sigma project carried out within an organization follows a defined sequence of steps and has specific value targets, for example: reduce process cycle time, reduce pollution, reduce costs, increase customer satisfaction, and increase profits.
The term Six Sigma originated from terminology associated with statistical modeling of manufacturing processes. The maturity of a manufacturing process can be described by a sigma rating indicating its yield or the percentage of defect-free products it creates. A six sigma process is one in which 99.99966% of all opportunities to produce some feature of a part are statistically expected to be free of defects (3.4 defective features per million opportunities). Motorola set a goal of “six sigma” for all of its manufacturing operations, and this goal became a by-word for the management and engineering practices used to achieve it.
Hudson is proud to be an IASSC Accredited Training Organisation. Click here to verify.
About this course
This certification course incorporates reality-based examples to explain concepts. It provides in-depth knowledge of all aspects within the phases of D-M-A-I-C (Define Measure Analyze Improve Control), six sigma tools and standard principles of Lean Management with real life applications on various industry used cases.
About the tutor
Mike Hobbs is a UK born and resident Six Sigma Master Black Belt and leading practitioner. He holds two Masters degrees in Manufacturing Engineering and Strategy from Cambridge University. He has 15 years experience in the Automotive and Electrical Manufacturing industries where he has applied and coached others in the Six Sigma methodology and practices.
He has global cross-functional Black Belt and Master Belt experience at Cummins – a Fortune 500 company. His achievements include:
* Trained and coached over 150 belts through over 200 projects, delivering over £10M in business savings.
* Lead multiple cross-functional Six Sigma projects in operations, finance, order management and with a community partner, resulting in over $1m of increased annualised profit and major KPI improvements.
* Manager of two large-scale lean-transformation projects, with sustained 30% plus improvements in productivity, WIP reduction and on-time delivery.
* Two years heading up the worldwide continuous improvement programme at the line-of-business level.
About the certification
Upon successful passing of the official IASSC exam, you will receive a Certificate, suitable for framing, issued by the International Association for Six Sigma Certification. You will also receive the IASSC Marks/Logos and IASSC Marks/Logos Usage Policy which may be used on public profiles such as LinkedIn. You may use the designation ICGB (International Association for Six Sigma Certification Certified Six Sigma Green Belt), and IASSC Certified Green Belt or any approved variation of the designation after your name in accordance with the IASSC Marks Usage Policy.
An example of an official IASSC Six Sigma Green Belt Certification which you will gain upon completion of this course and passing the official exam.
What does it mean to be certified?
The IASSC Certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belt (ICGB) is a professional who is well versed in the Lean Six Sigma Methodology who both leads or supports improvement projects, typically as a part-time role. A Lean Six Sigma Green Belt possesses a thorough understanding of all aspects within the phases of D-M-A-I-C. They understand how to perform and interpret Six Sigma tools and how to use standard principles of Lean.
At the end of this Six Sigma Green Belt certification course, you will be able to:
- Become a key stakeholder in leading, and implementing lean six sigma projects in your organization
- Understand Six Sigma and DMAIC Methodology
- Describe how to identify an improvement project in the Define phase
- Explain how to measure process and product in the Measure phase
- Perform data analysis and hypothesis testing in the Analyze phase
- Identify the possible improvement actions for the performance of variations in the Improve phase
- Define efficient operating levels for inputs and outputs in the Control phase
- Identify the voice of customers, their requirement & needs
- Understand their role in the success deployment
- Understand how to develop a strategy for Six Sigma approach
- Apply the DMAIC process to business issues
Who is this course aimed at?
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt is most beneficial for organizations that encourage employees to take up Quality projects and ensure efficiency in all business/industry processes. This certification is most suited for:
- Quality and Process Managers, System Managers, Analysts, Auditors, Engineers and Executives who need to have a better understanding of Six Sigma and the application of Six Sigma in process/quality improvements.
- Production Managers, Production Supervisors, and Customer Service Managers
- Persons wanting an initial introduction to Six Sigma thinking and techniques
- Consultants who want to incorporate Six Sigma Green Belt into their service offerings
- Professionals working in the support functions like Finance, Purchase, Sales, Marketing, Training, Recruitment, Operations, IT-Support, Travel, etc.
What does this course cover?
Welcome and Instructions on Using this Course
Instructions on Using this Course
IASSC Lean Six Sigma Green Belt: DEFINE PHASE
DEFINE – Course Structure
DEFINE – Introduction to Six Sigma
DEFINE – Steps and Tools
DEFINE – The Cost of Poor Quality
DEFINE – Six Sigma Metrics
DEFINE – Lean
DEFINE – Project Charter
DEFINE – Test Questions
DEFINE – Test Question Resources
DEFINE – Exercise File
IASSC Lean Six Sigma Green Belt: MEASURE PHASE
MEASURE – Course Structure
MEASURE – Process Mapping Overview
MEASURE – Types of Process Map
MEASURE – Inputs to the Process
MEASURE – Cause and Effect Diagrams
MEASURE – X-Y Matrix
MEASURE – FMEA
MEASURE – Basic Statistics Part 1
MEASURE – Basic Statistics Part 2
MEASURE – Graphs
MEASURE – Measurement Systems Analysis Overview
MEASURE – Measurement Systems Analysis – Continuous Data
MEASURE – Measurement Systems Analysis – Attribute Data
MEASURE – Capability Analysis
MEASURE – Stability
MEASURE – Test Questions
MEASURE – Test Question Resources
MEASURE – Exercise File
IASSC Lean Six Sigma Green Belt: ANALYSE PHASE
ANALYSE – Course Structure
ANALYSE – Overview
ANALYSE – Multi-vari analysis
ANALYSE – Hypothesis Testing
ANALYSE – Continuous Data – Comparing Two Samples
ANALYSE – Continuous Data – Comparing More than Two Samples
ANALYSE – Continuous Data – Testing a Sample Against a Standard
ANALYSE – Tests for Discrete Output Data
ANALYSE – Regression Analysis
ANALYSE – Multiple Regression
ANALYSE – Test Questions
ANALYSE – Test Question Resources
IASSC Lean Six Sigma Green Belt: IMPROVE PHASE
IMPROVE – Course Structure and Overview
IMPROVE – Concept Generation
IMPROVE – Implementation
IMPROVE – Test Questions
IASSC Lean Six Sigma Green Belt: CONTROL PHASE
CONTROL – Course Structure and Overview
CONTROL – Final Capability
CONTROL – Control Plans
CONTROL – Final Chapter
CONTROL – Test Questions
IASSC Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Study Textbooks (DOWNLOADABLE)
Study Textbook – DEFINE
Study Textbook – MEASURE
Study Textbook – ANALYSE
Study Textbook – IMPROVE
Study Textbook – CONTROL
Pareto Example (to use, read instructions at start of course)
IASSC Lean Six Sigma Green Belt: SAMPLE TEST PAPER
Sample Test Paper
About the exam
The IASSC Six Sigma Green Belt Certification closed book exam is made up of 100 multiple choice and true/false questions. Your time allowance for the exam is 3 hours, although you may finish the exam sooner if you are able to.
In order to achieve the professional designation of IASSC Certified Green Belt (ICGB) from the IASSC, you must score a minimum of 385 points out of a total 500 points.
How will I take the exam?
The IASSC official exam can be conducted online in the comfort of your own home or office. In order to sit the exam online, you must meet the following hardware and software requirements:
- A computer with a keyboard and mouse
- A quiet and calm location at your home or office
- A web camera that you can rotate 360 degrees so you can be observed by a proctor (the observer)
- An active reliable broadband/high-speed internet connection of at least 4Mbps
- Browser compatibility: the latest version of Internet Explorer, Windows Firefox, Windows Chrome, Mac Firefox, Mac Chrome with Java (these can be downloaded for free before beginning the test)
- Enabled Java Runtime and cookies enabled which comes standard with web browsers
A test taker setting up for the online test with a proctor/observer
Below is a description of what to expect during the online exam:
Once you have logged into the online exam portal, a professional IASSC proctor will personally meet you in a virtual online testing environment. Using your webcam you will provide identification and the proctor will authorize the execution of your exam session, staying with you throughout the testing and submission process. The proctor will ensure the rules are followed and you have the support you need while you take the IASSC certification exam directly on your computer from the comfort of your home or office 24/7/365. Official results will typically be provided within 48 hours of the conclusion of your exam.
How do I book my exam?
When you’re ready to sit your exam, email [email protected] with your chosen date and time. You can sit your exam any time of the day, any day of the week, but we ask that you give us 24 hours notice if you want to book your exam the next day. You will be notified if your chosen time and date has been approved. An email will follow with further instructions.
Non-cancellation of course
Please note that due to the large amount of downloadable material on this course, our standard 7 day guarantee/cancellation/refund policy does not apply.
If you have any questions about this course, the certification, online exam, or anything else, please drop us an email at [email protected]
Looking for a classroom option?
We have a 5 day classroom option through our partner, QA. Click here for more details