Hudson Courses Limited (Hudson)
86-90 Paul Street
London, EC2A 4NE
020 3095 0468
The confidentiality and security of your information is of utmost importance to us. We will use industry standard security measures to keep your information confidential and secure.
It is your responsibility to protect the security of your login information.
What Information We Collect
We may collect and process two kinds of data about you as shown below.
1. Non-Personal Information:
You can visit our Site without giving away your personal information. Hudson uses Google Analytics and cookies in order to improve our service to you as well as user experience on our Site. The information collected by Google Analytics is mostly anonymous traffic data (e.g. browser information, device information, and the browser’s language settings) To estimate approximate location, Google Analytics might also collect a user’s IP address, however, Hudson does not have access to IP address information of users. This analytics data is used to gain insights into usability and an overview of how people are accessing and using the Hudson website. It is not used for any additional purpose, such as to profile those who access our website.
Personally Identifiable Information:
When using our Site, you may submit “Personally Identifiable Information” to register for an account, update your account information, submit a form on our Site, purchase and use our products and/or services, sign up for our newsletter, participate in our public forums, post material, complete a survey, and reach out to us via email or telephone. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
How We Use Your Information
If you contact us via email or phone or other means, including but not limited to social media, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes and customer service, although you do not have to respond to these surveys.
We may also email you with updates on promotions and events, relating to products and services offered by us. You have the option to opt-out of receiving any promotional communications as described below under “Your Rights.”
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by post or electronic means (e.g. e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
2. Account Registration:
When you register for an account on our Site, you may be required to provide us with your name and email address. All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. We will use this data to communicate with you regarding account specific updates and information.
3. Transaction Information:
Information you provide throughout the checkout process to purchase one or multiple products and/or services on our Site, will be use to fulfill your orders. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Details of transactions you carry out with us and of the fulfilment of your orders.
Hudson provides you with the ability to pay for online courses and other products/services using PayPal and/or credit card through third party payment processing service providers. Hudson does not collect and process your payment information. This is done via our payment processing service providers.
4. Course Related Information:
If you participate in an online course, you may submit posts, assignments and exams, respond to quizzes, provide feedback and ratings, and submit additional student-generated content and communication in forums and otherwise provided outlets throughout the site. Data submitted on the Site is stored on secured servers.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to ourselves; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. Please note that communications you send to us through our Site are encrypted via 128bit TLS security protocols.
Terminated or Deleted Account
After your account has been terminated or deleted some or all of your information may still remain visible to others, including but not limited to:
- any information that has been shared as a comment and/or post,
- submissions of files, assignments, quizzes, exams, ratings, and/or surveys
- information stored on third-party platforms, including but not limited to email correspondence
Please be aware that in some cases, even after your account is terminated or deleted, we may retain your information as long as we have a legitimate purpose to do so and in accordance with applicable law.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in any of the following events or circumstances:
1. In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
If Hudson or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
2. We may share information about your profile, your courses, your forum participations, your assignments and quiz activities with instructors or teaching assistants of courses in which you enroll or for which you request information. However, instructors and teaching assistants cannot view your email address or phone number.
3. Your profile information may be publicly viewable to other users that may interact with throughout the Hudson platform.
4. We may share your information with third party partners that perform services on our behalf, including for payment processing, order fulfillment, data analysis, marketing services, hosting services, customer services, and customer support. These third party business partners are required to use it solely as directed by us for the purpose of our requested service.
5. We may disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect against the imminent harm to the rights, property, or safety of Hudson, our customers, or others. We may also disclose or share information about you to auditors, legal advisors, and law enforcement in order to help detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, abuse, misuse, potential violations of law, security concerns, and/or technical issues.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) gives you the following rights:
2. Right to Restrict Processing. You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (usually before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Site may from time to time contain links to and from the websites of third parties, our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or consequences related to the use of these sites (including but not limited to malware and viruses). Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
3. Right to Access Your Information. You have the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised by contacting us under the information provided below.
4. Right of Rectification. If you detect errors or inconsistencies in the data we hold about you, you have the right to rectify this information. In some cases, we require you to correct erroneous information for the purposes of providing you with services related to your interactions with Hudson and our Site.
5. Right to Erasure (also known as the Right to be Forgotten). You may ask us to delete your personal data if the continued processing of those data is not justified.
6. Right to not be evaluated on the basis of automated processing (also known as profiling). You have the right not to be subject to profiling.
Hudson Courses Limited
86-90 Paul Street
London, EC2A 4NE
Phone: 020 3095 0468 (Mon-Fri, 9am-6pm)
Interpretation and Definitions
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
‘Account’ means a unique account created for you to access our products and/or services.
‘Company’ (referred to as either ‘the Company’, ‘We’, ‘Us’, or ‘Our’ in this Agreement) refers to Hudson Courses Limited.
‘Cookies’ are small files that are placed on your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
‘Device’ means any device that can access the products and/or services we offer such as a computer, a cellphone or a digital tablet.
‘Personal Data’ is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
‘Service’ refers to the website: hudsoncourses.com.
‘Service Provider’ means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the company to facilitate the products and/or services we offer, to provide these on behalf of the company, to perform services related to the products and/or services or to assist the company in analysing how our products and/or services are used.
Third-party Social Media Service’ refers to any website or any social network website through which a user can log in or create an account to use our products and/or services.
Usage Data’ refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the products and/or services or from the service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
‘Website’ refers to Hudson Courses, accessible from www.hudsoncourses.com
‘You’ means the individual accessing or using the products and/or services, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the product and/or service, as applicable.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
While using our products and/or services, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
1. Email address
2. First name and last name
3. Phone number
4. Postal and home address
5. Usage data
Usage data is collected automatically when using our products and/or services.
Usage data may include information such as your device’s internet protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our products and/or services that you access, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When you access our products and/or services by or through a mobile device, we may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you access our products and/or services or when you access our products and/or services through a mobile device.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
2. Flash Cookies. Certain features of our products and/or services may use local stored objects (or Flash Cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences or your activity on our Service. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as those used for browser cookies.
3. Web Beacons. Certain sections of our products and/or services and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server integrity).
4. Persistent Cookies. These remain on your personal computer or mobile device when you go offline, while session cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser.
5. Persistent Cookies. These allow us to remember choices you make when you use the website, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these cookies is to provide you with a more personal experience and to avoid you having to re-enter your preferences every time you use the website.
Use of Your Personal Data
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
1. To provide and maintain our products and/or services, including to monitor the usage of our products and/or services.
2. To manage Your account.
3. To manage your registration as a user of our products and/or services. The personal data you provide can give you access to different functionalities of our products and/or services that are available to you as a registered user.
4. For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services you have purchased or of any other contract with us through the Service.
5. To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
6. To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information.
7. To attend and manage your requests to us.
8. For business transfers: We may use your information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal data held by us about our service users is among the assets transferred.
9. For other purposes: We may use your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our products and/or services, products, services, marketing and your experience.
We may share your personal information in the following situations:
1. With Service Providers: We may share your personal information with service providers to monitor and analyze the use of our products and/or services, to contact you.
2. For business transfers: We may share or transfer your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of Our business to another company.
4. With business partners: We may share Your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services or promotions.
5. With other users: When you share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside. If you interact with other users or register through a third-party social media service, your contacts on the third-party social media service may see your name, profile, pictures and description of your activity. Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of your activity, communicate with you and view your profile.
6. With Your consent: We may disclose your personal information for any other purpose with your consent.
Retention of Your Personal Data
The company will also retain usage data for internal analysis purposes. Usage data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our products and/or services, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, the company may be required to disclose your personal data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other Legal Requirements
The Company may disclose your personal data in the belief that such action is necessary to:
1. Comply with a legal obligation.
2. Protect and defend the rights or property of the company.
3. Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with our products and/or services.
4. Protect the personal safety of users of our products and/or services or the public.
5. Protect against legal liability.
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal data, please contact Us. If we become aware that we have collected personal data from anyone under the age of 18, we will take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites or services.
By email: email@example.com
By visiting this page on our website: https://www.hudsoncourses.com/contact/
By phone number: 020 3095 0468
By mail: 86-90 Paul Street, London, EC2A 4NE