Our online tutors are there to help you with course related questions. Learners can use this feature to clarify concepts, fine tune solutions, confirm a process, or simply seek assurance that they are understanding the course material properly. It’s a comfort to know that an expert is only a few clicks away 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
What are the key features of this service?
How does it work?
The online tutor feature works the same way as online chat. Once you’ve logged into the system, simply ask a question, and your tutor will respond with an answer. The online support feature can be purchased as an add-on and can be used as my times as you like in a 12 month period. You can request tutor support for one or as many of the courses listed here:
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Cisco CCENT 100-105: ICND1 – Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1
- Cisco CCNA 200-105: ICND2 – Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 2
- Cisco CCNA 210-260 IINS v3 (Security)
- Cisco CCNP 300-101 – ROUTE – Implementing Cisco IP Routing
- Cisco CCNP 300-115 – SWITCH – Implementing Cisco IP Switched Networks
- Cisco CCNP 300-135 – TSHOOT – Troubleshooting and Maintaining Cisco IP Networks
- CompTIA A+ 220-1001
- CompTIA A+ 220-1002
- CompTIA Certified Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP) CAS-002
- CompTIA Network+ N10-007
- CompTIA Security+ SY0-501
- Executive Strategy and Management
- ITIL Foundation
- ITIL Practitioner
- Managing Project Teams
- Microsoft 70-410 – Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 R2 (MCSA/MCSE)
- Microsoft 70-411 – Administering Windows Server 2012 R2 (MCSA/MCSE)
- Microsoft 70-412 – Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 R2 Services (MCSA/MCSE)
- Microsoft 70-413 – Designing and Implementing a Server Infrastructure (MCSE)
- Microsoft 70-414 – Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure (MCSE)
- Microsoft 70-417 – Upgrading Your Skills to MCSA Windows Server 2012
- Microsoft 70-697 – Microsoft Configuring Windows Devices (Windows 10)
- Microsoft 70-740 – Installation, Storage, and Compute with Windows Server 2016
- Microsoft 70-741 – Networking with Windows Server 2016
- Microsoft 70-742 – Identity with Windows Server 2016
- Microsoft 70-744 – Securing Windows Server 2016
- Microsoft Office 2013 Access
- Microsoft Office 2013 Excel
- Microsoft Office 2013 Outlook
- Microsoft Office 2013 PowerPoint
- Microsoft Office 2013 Word
- Microsoft Office 2016 Access
- Microsoft Office 2016 Excel
- Microsoft Office 2016 Outlook
- Microsoft Office 2016 PowerPoint
- Microsoft Office 2016 Word
- Microsoft Office365
- PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (ACP)
- PMI Certifified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)
- PMI Project Management Professional (PMP)
- PMI Risk Management Professional (RMP)
- PRINCE2® Foundation
- PRINCE2® Practitioner
- Project Management Skills for Non-Project Managers
- Quality Management
- Schedule and Cost Control
- Scope and Requirements
- Scrum Developer
- SCRUM Immersion
- Scrum Master
- Scrum Product Owner
- Strategic Planning
How qualified are the tutors?
To even be considered as an online tutor, an expert must meet the following criteria:
- Possess multiple top-tier designations (e.g. Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE), Cisco Certified Networking Professional (CCNP), etc.) from leading , vendors such as Microsoft, Cisco, and CompTIA, as well as 3+ years of experience in their area of expertise.
- Certification in leading desktop applications and end-user support.
- Minimum four years experience as one of the following: trainer/instructor, teaching assistant, coach, or help desk technician.
- Ability to explain complex concepts in concise, easy-to-understand language.
To continue being part of the online tutor support team, experts must remain current in their area of expertise. Some of the ways in which they do this include:
- Continuing education in skills and training techniques via conferences, classes and workshops.
- Continuing quarterly upgrades of education, skills and certifications through labs, classrooms, and self-study.
- Joining software users groups, trade magazines, and training & development organizations.
- Staying informed of and experienced with new vendor releases and technologies within their area of expertise.
Access period: 12 months