Get a 10% discount when you book directly through Hudson. Use voucher code 10%OFF at the checkout to redeem your discount. Discount not available on installment plans
Hudson have partnered with the Online Business School (OBS) to bring you this fully accredited Diploma course. The Online Business School delivers online university pathway programmes with full Undergraduate and Postgraduate Diploma Awards to learners from all corners of the world. Learners can fast track their way through to a UK University Qualification on campus or by distance learning. With a 24/7 student networking platform, personal dashboards, 1-2-1 online tutorials, group webinars and bank of pre-recorded group webcasts, the Online Business School provides students with all the support that they need to succeed in developing their professional skill base and achieve a university qualification .
Watch this video to learn more about OBS and how their online Diploma courses work
About this Diploma
The Graduate Level 6 120 credit Diploma in Business and Administrative Management is made up of 10 modules and 6 written assignments and each module consists of approximately 40 guided learning hours, with an additional 30-50 hours worth of optional materials that comprise of recommended exercises, recommended readings, Internet resources, and self-testing exercises. While completing the online Business Diploma, students will have access to various study resources, such as tutor support and webinars, a social learning forum, and additional materials to help in the completion of their graduate business course.
This course will be most suited to individuals who are at least 25 years old and have 5 years managerial work experience and do not have a degree but wish to study for an MBA or Postgraduate business programme. On successful completion of the course Students will be able to enrol onto our Level 7 Postgraduate Diploma in Strategic Management or a range of other postgraduate courses.
Level 6 Curriculum:
- IT in Business: There is clear evidence that Information Technology provides competitive advantage, whatever the business sphere an organisation operates it, this module will assess pros and cons of using information technology within business.
- Effective Communications: Information is the most valuable asset in the contemporary organisation, and communication is the method by which information is shared. It is on the basis of information that business decisions are made. So without effective communications, an organisation simply cannot perform optimally.
- High Performance Teams: This module is designed for both new and experienced managers. Using a mix of information, personal and team activities, it aims to help learners develop new team building skills or refine and expand the team building skills they already possess.
- Leadership Skills: Good leadership is essential for success in any organisation, whether in the private or public sector. Today, rapid change, in the form of a constantly changing competitive environment, innovations in technology and changing economic conditions, have led to the realisation that leadership is a skill to be developed.
- Manager’s Toolkit: There are literally thousands of management tools and models which can be used for analysis, problem solving and strategy development. The trick for the practising manager is to master a few which are versatile and which can be used in most of the situations you are likely to encounter.
- Managing and Using Finance: This module covers key areas of accounting, as seen from a business perspective. It explains how accountancy can inform and guide management decisions.
- Managing and Using Marketing: The focus of marketing is on the customer and customer satisfaction – meeting the needs of customers through the products/services we sell and offering the customer what they perceive as value. Today customers have higher and higher expectations for quality, service and value.
- Managing Organisations: There is a great deal of focus on creating the right type of organisation today because it is recognised that the structure, culture and management of the organisation has a huge influence on organisational performance.
- Personal Effectiveness: So what is personal effectiveness? Personal effectiveness covers those skills and abilities that we need to have, regardless of our job, status or professional background. Personal effectiveness is about using the key skills we have identified to achieve greater productivity and successful results – whether that be on a business or personal basis.
- Quality and Excellence: The words quality and excellence are used in a wide variety of contexts in organisations. We refer to a quality product, a quality company, excellent business procedures or an excellent service. So what exactly do we mean by these terms? Does quality mean conformance to specifications? Does it mean a product or service without flaws? Does it mean excellence?
How long is the course?
Each course module will take you around 30-40 hours to complete. There are 10 course modules in total. Expected study time is around 300-400 hours. This is a self-paced course which you will complete in your own time. You will have a maximum of 5 years to complete the course.
The ATHE level 6 Business and administrative Management Course has 10 modules and 6 written assignments. On completion of the modules, students will be given access to the assignments. The assignments are approximately 3000-5000 words each. Students are provided support on the modules and assignments via the ‘Tutor’ section of the learning platform.
Students will need to complete 6 out of the 8 Assignments units mentioned below:
1. Strategic Management
2. The Dynamics of Leadership
3. Management Information systems for Business
4. Advanced Finance for Decision Makers
5. Marketing Management in Business
6. Customer Focus for Strategic Advantage
7. Leadership Skills
8. Managing Risk in Business
If you decide to top up to a full Undergraduate Degree through an accredited UK university, the costs are listed below. Please note, the below costs are for distance learning/online only. You have the option of finishing on campus, Costs will vary depending on which university you chose to complete the final year at.
- Northampton University Via LSM:
- BA (Hons) in Business and Management Top up – £3800
- BSc (Hons) in International Accounting Top up -£3800
- University of Derby
- Undergraduate Top up to BA – £4400
- London Metropolitan University (Via WINC)
- BA (Hons) Business Administration Top up – £3250
- Southern Cross University
- Bachelor of Business.
- Bachelor of Business Administration.
- Bachelor of Business in Convention and Event Management.
- Bachelor of Business in Hotel Management.
- Bachelor of Business in Tourism and Hospitality Management.
Am I eligible to do this course?
The Level 6 programme is for non-university graduate mature students (age 25 or older) who have five years managerial work experience and want to study for an MBA.
What support is available during my course?
The Social Learning Forum is free to use for all students, and can be accessed from all over the world, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The forum has been developed to encourage creation of self-managed learning groups and to encourage individuals to lead in particular areas of learning. Tutors may interact socially with students to enhance learning through the social forum.
Students will be able to share their ideas and solutions, and also any resources they have uncovered that can assist their fellow students. Individuals can request assistance from their peers on specific issues and act as the catalyst for discussions and analysis. It is important that students participate and draw lessons from fellow students around the world to enhance their online learning experience.
Each module has its own forum with topics covering many areas. Students will also have the ability to control topics in the general areas through a secure network, with all posts closely monitored by OBS administrators.
The Social Learning will also include Open Webinars. These webinars will be in areas of general interest or demand for grouped learning, providing interaction between students and teachers.
Additional Study Resources
OBS realises sometimes you may need additional support for your online Course. Individual tutoring may be required to fast track your Study, or perhaps you just need some additional support. To further enhance learning, Online Business School gives learners the chance to purchase tutor support in a variety of formats.
Tutor support can be purchased in the following forms:
- One to One Coaching through online tutorials. Students can purchase tutorials on a one to one basis through a live webinar or telephone support.
- Live interactive webinars – students can enter a live webinar with other students in a virtual classroom.
- Recorded webcasts – Students can purchase pre-recorded webcasts to enhance their learning.
Online Business School operates to the highest academic standards and has multiple structures in place that ensure the standard of education provided to its students it of the highest quality.
All learning materials are designed and written by professional academic authors so that each interactive module is aligned against specific learning criteria specified by OFQUAL, the defining UK Government body for Academic Standards in UK Higher Education. These standards ensure those that learn with us receive a high quality education along with certification that is recognised universally by Universities and employers.
Your final assignments will pull together all the learning and experience gained from your course. The entire programme is accredited by ATHE, a UK Government recognised examining and awarding body who are successful partners with many leading universities.
On completion of the final assignments, students are awarded a formal recognised ATHE qualification which is accepted by a range of UK universities as partial exemption from various Degree and MBA programmes.
Partner University Qualifications
On completion of the final assignments, students are awarded a recognised Diploma qualification. This Diploma can be used to top up to a full undergraduate degree or MBA at a variety of UK universities, either on campus or by distance learning.
Quality Monitoring Board
Online Business School also operates a Quality Monitoring Board (QMB) to ensure that we are always delivering accredited online courses and resources to meet your learning needs. This Board meets regularly to assess:
- Specific student issues
- Any quality issues for university partners
- Monitoring of assessment standards
- Monitoring of material content against learning outcomes
- Specific operational issues as they affect quality and customer service
The Board Members include respected academic and business leaders. Outcomes of the reviews are shared online to ensure transparency and understanding amongst our partners and students. All feedback is welcomed so that issues can be formally raised via the QMB in a professional and objective manner.
Bonus Course Material
As part of this Diploma course, you will also get access to a free PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner Online Course worth £195, which is delivered by Hudson. Click here to find out how much people in the UK are earning with a PRINCE2® certification. This course can be taken online in your own time. You will have a maximum of 12 months in which to complete it.
Taken in conjunction with your Diploma course, the PRINCE2® certification can give you a significant advantage over other candidates in the professional sector.
Non-cancellation of course
Please note that this course is not covered by our standard 7 day guarantee/cancellation/refund policy.