Get a 10% discount when you book directly through Hudson. Use voucher code 10%OFF at the checkout to redeem your discount. Discount not available on installment plans.
Hudson have partnered with the Online Business School (OBS) to bring you this fully accredited Diploma course. The Online Business School delivers online university pathway programmes with full Undergraduate and Postgraduate Diploma Awards to learners from all corners of the world. Learners can fast track their way through to a UK University Qualification on campus or by distance learning. With a 24/7 student networking platform, personal dashboards, 1-2-1 online tutorials, group webinars and bank of pre-recorded group webcasts, the Online Business School provides students with all the support that they need to succeed in developing their professional skill base and achieve a university qualification .
Watch this video to learn more about OBS and how their online Diploma courses work
About this Diploma
The Undergraduate Level 4/5 Extended Diploma in Management is a 240 credit course designed to fast track students to the final year of an associated Undergraduate degree in Business and Management, which can either be completed at a UK university on campus or via distance learning.
This course is made up of 10 Level 4 modules (120 credits) and 10 level 5 modules (120 credits), each level also includes 8 written assignments. If a student decides to only study at Level 4 they will receive 120 credits and can apply for an exemption from the first year of a university Degree course.
Each module consists of approximately 40 guided learning hours of material with an additional 30-50 hours of optional learning material. These materials comprise recommended exercises, recommended readings and internet resources.
How will I be assessed?
- After you have completed an online module, you will have an online assessment to complete. This assessment contains 30 multiple-choice questions. You will have one hour to complete these questions which are answered in sets of five so you will have plenty of time to review and edit your answers. After an hour the test will automatically time out.
- After you have completed the test, your results will be displayed immediately. If you have passed, you will receive a Certificate of Completion. If you didn’t pass, you will receive a notification of a “refer’’ where you will be told how to retake a module assessment at a cost of £30. You can complete these modules at your own pace, as there is no deadline to complete the course.
- When the online modules have been successfully completed, you will then be able to take the final written assignments, provided by Online Business School, that test your knowledge and understanding of the modules. After successful completion of these eight assignments you will receive your ATHE Diploma.
- You will then be eligible to apply for progression onto a Top up course through a recognised UK university on campus or by distance learning.
Level 4 Curriculum:
- Developing Personal Skills: Develop a range of personal skills vital to the world of business. Concentrating on communication, leadership and decision making techniques.
- Effective Communication: Communication is the key to effective operations and working effectively with others. Throughout this module, learners will grasp a range of communication techniques used for a variety of commercial purposes.
- The Business Environment: Explore issues outside of the business that may affect the business and its operations. Looking into economics, international dimensions, nature and competition.
- The Marketing Mix: Exploring and using the marketing mix as part of the business planning process.
- Strategic HRM: This module looks at employees and people as a business’ most valuable asset. Recruit the best, reward the best and retain the best.
- Managing Ethically: Explore the various theories and models of management and their different contexts.
- Culture and the Organisation: What is meant by culture? Why is it important? How does it differ between organisations?
- Customers and Customer Service: This module looks at customers as the fulcrum of any business.
- Fundamentals of Accounting: On completion of this module, learners will understand accounts and how they can be used to give insight into the health of the organisation.
- Financial Management and Control: In this module, learners will compare and contrast some examples of good and bad financial decision making and the impact on the business.
Level 5 curriculum:
- The Entrepreneurial Manager: What is an Entrepreneur? Examine the skills and qualities of entrepreneurship.
- Organisation Structures: Why are organisations structured in the way they are? What determines the optimum structure and how does it differ between organisations? In this module, learners will look at the numerous models and theories that make up organisational structure.
- Practical Accounting Analysis: Learners will complete exercises in accounts throughout this module to understand what they are telling us and the actions that analysis can precipitate.
- Business Planning and Goal Setting: What is the business trying to achieve? What will it do? How will it do it? This module focuses on the creation of clear goals and clear plans to achieve a clear objective.
- Politics and Business: Impact of politics on business and how it may help or hinder business. This module will educate learners on economic impact, exports and government support.
- Business Law: Explore the statutory responsibilities of managers as learners look into the legalities of business and business executives.
- Managing in Today’s World: Business in the modern world. This module focuses on governance and equality as a means to do right in business.
- Performance Management: Understanding how your people and your business can continually improve together, learners will review reward structures, CPD, training and development to ensure high performance in business.
- Marketing and Sales Planning: Learners will analyse how markets, customers, competitors and products can come together in a cohesive plan.
- Quantitative Skills: On successful completion of this module, learners will have knowledge of numeric exercises and will understand their use within the context of the business.
How long is the course?
Each course module will take you around 30-40 hours to complete. There are 20 course modules in total. Expected study time is around 600-800 hours. This is a self-paced course which you will complete in your own time. You will have a maximum of 5 years to complete the course.
The ATHE Level 4/5 Extended Diploma in Management has 10 modules and 8 written assignments at each level. On completion of the modules, students will be given access to the assignments. The assignments are approximately 3000-5000 words each. Students are provided support on the modules and assignments via the ‘Tutor’ section of the learning platform.
The Assignment unit titles for the level 4 course are:
1. Applying Promotional Techniques
2. Business Environment
3. Communication Skills
4. Corporate Social Responsibility
5. Customer Relationship Management
6. Finance for Managers
7. People in Organisations
8. Resources Management.
More information about the Level 4 units can be found here.
The Assignment unit titles for the level 5 course are:
1. Managing Communications
2. Business Organisations in a Global Context
3. People Management
4. Finance for Managers
5. Research Project
6. Marketing Principles and Practice
7. Planning a New Business Venture
8. Business Law
If you decide to top up to a full Undergraduate Degree through an accredited UK university, the costs are listed below. Please note, the below costs are for distance learning/online only. You have the option of finishing on campus, Costs will vary depending on which university you chose to complete the final year at.
Northampton University Via LSM
BA (Hons) in Business and Management Top up – £3800
BSc (Hons) in International Accounting Top up -£3800
University of Derby
Undergraduate Top up to BA – £4400
London Metropolitan University (Via WINC)
BA (Hons) Business Administration Top up – £3250
Southern Cross University
Bachelor of Business.
Bachelor of Business Administration.
Bachelor of Business in Convention and Event Management.
Bachelor of Business in Hotel Management.
Bachelor of Business in Tourism and Hospitality Management.
Please enquire for top up prices for Southern Cross University.
What support is available during my course?
The Social Learning Forum is free to use for all students, and can be accessed from all over the world, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The forum has been developed to encourage creation of self-managed learning groups and to encourage individuals to lead in particular areas of learning. Tutors may interact socially with students to enhance learning through the social forum.
Students will be able to share their ideas and solutions, and also any resources they have uncovered that can assist their fellow students. Individuals can request assistance from their peers on specific issues and act as the catalyst for discussions and analysis. It is important that students participate and draw lessons from fellow students around the world to enhance their online learning experience.
Each module has its own forum with topics covering many areas. Students will also have the ability to control topics in the general areas through a secure network, with all posts closely monitored by OBS administrators.
The Social Learning will also include Open Webinars. These webinars will be in areas of general interest or demand for grouped learning, providing interaction between students and teachers.
Additional Study Resources
OBS realises sometimes you may need additional support for your online Course. Individual tutoring may be required to fast track your Study, or perhaps you just need some additional support. To further enhance learning, Online Business School gives learners the chance to purchase tutor support in a variety of formats.
Tutor support can be purchased in the following forms:
- One to One Coaching through online tutorials. Students can purchase tutorials on a one to one basis through a live webinar or telephone support.
- Live interactive webinars – students can enter a live webinar with other students in a virtual classroom.
- Recorded webcasts – Students can purchase pre-recorded webcasts to enhance their learning.
Online Business School operates to the highest academic standards and has multiple structures in place that ensure the standard of education provided to its students it of the highest quality.
All learning materials are designed and written by professional academic authors so that each interactive module is aligned against specific learning criteria specified by OFQUAL, the defining UK Government body for Academic Standards in UK Higher Education. These standards ensure those that learn with us receive a high quality education along with certification that is recognised universally by Universities and employers.
Your final assignments will pull together all the learning and experience gained from your course. The entire programme is accredited by ATHE, a UK Government recognised examining and awarding body who are successful partners with many leading universities.
On completion of the final assignments, students are awarded a formal recognised ATHE qualification which is accepted by a range of UK universities as partial exemption from various Degree and MBA programmes.
Partner University Qualifications
On completion of the final assignments, students are awarded a recognised Diploma qualification. This Diploma can be used to top up to a full undergraduate degree or MBA at a variety of UK universities, either on campus or by distance learning.
Quality Monitoring Board
Online Business School also operates a Quality Monitoring Board (QMB) to ensure that we are always delivering accredited online courses and resources to meet your learning needs. This Board meets regularly to assess:
- Specific student issues
- Any quality issues for university partners
- Monitoring of assessment standards
- Monitoring of material content against learning outcomes
- Specific operational issues as they affect quality and customer service
The Board Members include respected academic and business leaders. Outcomes of the reviews are shared online to ensure transparency and understanding amongst our partners and students. All feedback is welcomed so that issues can be formally raised via the QMB in a professional and objective manner.
Non-cancellation of course
Please note that this course is not covered by our standard 7 day guarantee/cancellation/refund policy.