Hudson have partnered with QA to bring you this classroom and ‘Attend from Anywhere’ course. QA have twenty learning centers throughout the UK, offering well equipped, purpose-built training environments. They also have a wide network of high quality partner locations, reducing travel time. Their ‘Attend from Anywhere’ courses also allow learners to join classes regardless of their physical location.
Key facts about QA:
- 30 years’ experience providing world-class training.
- 20 learning centers throughout the UK.
- 300 learning professionals who are experts in their field.
- 500k training days delivered every year.
- 6000 clients including 80% of the FTSE 250.
About this course
This design document is for the first version of the new Cisco Service Provider Next-Generation Networks, Part 1 v1.0 course. This five-day instructor-led course provides network engineers and technicians with the basic knowledge and skills necessary to support a service provider network. The course provides knowledge of the major components of a network and helps delegates to understand how service provider networks function. The course introduces IP Next Generation Network (IP NGN) architecture that helps service providers to build modern, scalable and reliable networks.
The course also includes classroom activities with remote labs that are useful to gain practical skills on deploying basic Cisco IOS/IOS XE and Cisco IOS XR features to operate and support service provider network.
- Course type: Essentials
- Course code: CSPNGN1
- Duration: 5 Days
- Exam included: Not applicable
- Pre-course work included: Not applicable
- Saving when enrolled through Hudson: £265
- Course delivery: choose between classroom or ‘Attend from Anywhere’ (i.e. live online class)
When is the next class?
Call us on 020 3095 0468 (Mon-Fri, 9:30am-6pm) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for the next available class dates.
How much can I save if I enroll on this course through Hudson?
- QA price: £3060 inc VAT
- Hudson price: £2795 inc VAT
- Saving: £265
Who should enrol on this course?
- Cisco Build-Operate-Transfer partners who are focused on service provider NGN networks, specific to entry-level network operations personnel.
- Service provider network operations organizations, specific to entry-level network operations personnel.
- Cisco engineers who are motivated to pursue Cisco certifications focused on service provider NGN operations.
- All service provider operations customers, partners who support service provider NGN environments, and internal Cisco engineers who wish to pursue Cisco professional or expert-level SP operations certifications.
- Basic computer literacy
- Basic Microsoft Windows navigation skills
- Basic Internet usage skills
What will I learn through this course?
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Describe the operation of IP and data network
- Describe IPv4 and IPv6 addressing schemes
- Configure switched network technologies
- Describe routed network technologies
- Configure IP services
- Configure Cisco operating systems and platforms
- Configure transport technologies
- Configure access and edge technologies
- Configure security in the network
- Describe MPLS
- Describe multicast
- Describe high availability
- Configure network management
- Describe VPN technologies
What’s covered in this course?
Module 1: IP Fundamentals
Describe IP fundamentals important to build IP network, host-to-host communication, as well as network components and functions.
- Lesson 1: Defining Functions of Networking
- Lesson 2: Introducing TCP/IP Layers and the OSI Reference Model
- Lesson 3: Managing IP Addressing
- Lesson 4: Describing the TCP/IP Transport Layer
- Lesson 5: Explaining Network Security
- Lesson 6: Explaining IP Addressing and Subnets
Module 2: Basic LAN Switching
Describe basic LAN switching, as well as configure and verify basic LAN switch functions.
- Lesson 1: Understanding Ethernet
- Lesson 2: Connecting to an Ethernet LAN
- Lesson 3: Using Switched LAN Technology
- Lesson 4: Operating a Cisco Switch
- Lesson 5: Understanding Switch Security
- Lesson 6: Performing Switched Network Optimizations
- Lesson 7: Troubleshooting Switch Issues
Module 3: Basic IP Routing
Describe routing concepts and discuss considerations when implementing routing on the network.
- Lesson 1: Exploring the Functions of Routing
- Lesson 2: Introducing the Cisco IOS XR
- Lesson 3: Configuring Basic Routing
- Lesson 4: Configuring EIGRP
- Lesson 5: Understanding Cisco Router Security
Module 4: Connectivity Technologies
Describe the characteristics, functions, and components of a service provider WAN network.
- Lesson 1: Describing Access Technologies
- Lesson 2: Introducing Service Provider Access, Edge, and Transport Technologies
- Lesson 3: Enabling the WAN Internet Connection
- Lesson 4: Introducing Encapsulation
- Lesson 5: Introducing VPN
Module 5: Network Management and Security
Describe network management concepts and discuss considerations when implementing network management tools and features on the network.
- Lesson 1: Collecting Device Data
- Lesson 2: Configuring Network Management Tools
- Lesson 3: Using AAA