Hudson have partnered with Mile2 as an Authorized Training Center to offer the Certified Security Leadership Officer (CSLO) course. Mile2 designs, develops, and delivers Information Security training and Information Assurance services that meet military, government, private sector and institutional specifications. In doing so, Mile2 has become the de facto standard for a number organizations and militaries worldwide.
Key facts about Mile2
- Mile2 has a strong military connection. Their Certified Penetration Testing Engineer (CPTE) certification played a pivotal role in assisting the United States Air Force (USAF) improve their security protocols. This course was originally designed for the USAF.
- Mile2’s certification courses are accredited by the National Security Agency (NSA) and Committee on National Security Systems (CNSS). They are also on the FBI’s Preferred Tier 1-3 certification training list for prospective FBI agents specialising in cyber crime.
- CompTIA recognises and acknowledges Mile2 courses as Expert Level, e.g. Mile2 CPTE.
- Mile2 have their own IT Security Penetration Testing magazine called PenTest Magazine, which is published several times a year.
- All Mile2 courses count as Continuing Education Units (CEUs) toward (ISC)2, ISACA, and SANS ongoing certification requirements.
Mile2 IT Security certifications are accredited by the NSA and preferred by the FBI
Mile2 certifications are unique in their approach of combining theory with practical experience. Mile2 courses are always up-to-date with the latest developments in tools, best practices and threat scenarios. The balance provided by Mile2 courses equips the attendees with the knowledge, skills and practice needed to immediately provide benefit to their organization or clients and be confident in using their enhanced skills.
Watch this video to learn more about Mile2
About this course
The vendor neutral Certified Security Leadership Officer certification course was designed for mid and upper level managers as well as any engineers who seek to increase their knowledge in the security arena. The C)SLO course was designed to give management an essential understanding of current security issues, best practices, and technology. Because a security officer or manager understands the value of security, he or she is prepared to manage the security component of an information technology security projects.
A C)SLO candidate can be seen as the bridge between the cyber security team and operations as well as business management. Essentials topics covered in this management track are extremely detailed and include the following: Network Fundamentals and Applications, Hardware Architecture, Information Assurance Foundations, Computer Security Policies, Contingency and Continuity Planning, Business Impact Analysis, Incident Handling, Architect Approaches to Defense in Depth, Cyber Attacks, Vulnerability Assessment and Management, Security Policies, Web Security, Offensive and Defensive Information Warfare, culminating with Management Practicum.
Upon completion, the Certified Security Leadership Officer candidate will not only be able to competently take the CSLO exam but will also be versed in implementing strong security controls and managing an organization with an industry acceptable security posture.
Mile2 have their own IT Security Penetration Testing magazine called PenTest Magazine
Who is this course aimed at?
- C-Level Managers
- IT Managers
- Cyber Security Engineers
- Information Owners
- Information Systems Owners
- CISSP students
Course areas covered
- Module 1 – Security Management
- Module 2 – Risk Management
- Module 3 – Encryption
- Module 4 – Information Security Access Control Concepts
- Module 5 – Incident Handling and Evidence
- Module 6 – Operations Security
- Module 7 – Network Security
Click here to see a detailed breakdown of the course syllabus
Course Duration and Delivery: 40 hours, online (12 months access)
Watch an unbiased video review of someone that’s taken a Mile2 course
About the exam
The CSLO exam is taken online through Mile2’s Assessment and Certification System (“MACS”), which is accessible on your mile2.com account. The exam will take 2 hours and consist of 100 multiple choice questions. Further details about the exam are as follows:
- All exams are immediately loaded in your Mile2 user account once you have enrolled
- All Mile2 exams are taken on-line and can be taken anywhere 24/7 providing you have access to an internet connection and PC or laptop
- All exams run for 2 hours and comprise of 100 questions with a passing score of 70%
- There are NO prerequisites toward taking any Mile2 exam
- Once you have passed your exam, you will instantly receive a digital copy of your certification
Mile2 has developed IT Security training specifically for the United States Air Force, the Department of the Army Counter Intelligence, the Canadian Department of National Defence, and Boeing.
What are the prerequisites for this course?
Although there are no prerequisites to take the course or sit the exam, it is recommended prospective learners have a minimum 12 months’ professional experience in an IT or management.
What does this course include?
- Video based course material
- Exam prep guide
- Exam simulator to prepare you for the official exam
- Exam voucher to sit the official exam
- 2nd shot exam voucher in case you fail
Features of course
|User Friendly Navigation: Easily navigate through hours of in-depth training videos. Easily navigate through modules and repeat entire topics or even a particular section.|
|Full Video of Instructor: Hours of one on one video with the instructor directly teaching you the skills you need to be successful.|
|Full Video Lab Demonstrations: The instructor will actually perform key tasks in front of you on screen. This format gives the user the power to see things done by a professional in the intended environment as many times as they would like.|
|Info Rich Power Points: Utilizing PowerPoint presentations allows the user to better interpret the material through charts, definitions, graphs, and more.|
|Review Quiz Questions After Every Module: At the end of each module, there is a review quiz to ensure the retention of the information discussed before moving on to a new section.|
|In Depth Study Guide: A handy study guide enables tactile learners to process what they learn, follow along with the videos, and ultimately walk away with a paper based review tool they can return to any time any place.|
|Certificate Awarded Upon Completion: Upon successful completion of our training program, you will receive a Mile2® Certificate of Completion.|
How is this course taught?
This is an online, self-paced course, meaning you do it in your own home, in your own time, at your own pace. Each lesson is pre-recorded allowing you to pause, fast-forward, skip sections, or go back to another lesson if you need to. Aside from the written notes and mock exam, the lessons are multi-media based, which means video and audio are used to teach the lessons. Most courses are also interactive, prompting the learner to participate. This involves answering on-screen questions at the end of each course through the practice exam.
What do I need?
This is an online course with 24/7 access. You can do it from any where in the world, any time of the day providing you have an internet connection and a device such as a laptop, PC, or Mac. No apps are required to access the courses. You simply do it from your browser. For the best user experience, we recommend Google Chrome.