Hudson have partnered with QA to bring you this Citrix classroom and ‘Attend from Anywhere’ course. QA have twenty learning centers throughout the UK, offering well equipped, purpose-built training environments. They also have a wide network of high quality partner locations, reducing travel time. Their ‘Attend from Anywhere’ courses also allow learners to join classes regardless of their physical location.
Key facts about QA:
- 30 years’ experience providing world-class training.
- 20 learning centers throughout the UK.
- 300 learning professionals who are experts in their field.
- 500k training days delivered every year.
- 6000 clients including 80% of the FTSE 250.
About this course
Build your NetScaler knowledge and skills by enrolling in this five-day course. It covers NetScaler essentials– platforms, architecture, licensing and functionality – and also focuses on traffic management, including content switching, traffic optimization and global server load balancing (GSLB). You will learn about key NetScaler capabilities such as high availability, security and performance, and explore SSL offload, load balancing and monitoring. The traffic management curriculum will cover AppExpert policy engines, the Rewrite and Responder features, content switching, and Security Insight. The course is designed for IT professionals with little or no NetScaler experience.
- Course type: Specialist
- Course code: CNS2202
- Duration: 5 Days
- Exam included: Not applicable
- Pre-course work included: Not applicable
- Saving when enrolled through Hudson: £120.20
- Course delivery: choose between classroom or ‘Attend from Anywhere’ (i.e. live online class)
When is the next class?
Call us on 020 3095 0468 (Mon-Fri, 9:30am-6pm) or email us at email@example.com for the next available class dates.
How much can I save if I enroll on this course through Hudson?
- QA price: £3319.20 inc VAT
- Hudson price: £3199 inc VAT
- Saving: £120.20
Who should enrol on this course?
IT Professionals working with NetScaler, with little to no previous NetScaler experience. Potential students include administrators, engineers, and architects interested in learning how to implement and manage NetScaler features using leading practices.
Citrix versions covered:
This course is currently based on NetScaler version 12, but still applies to all previous versions.
Citrix course materials are only available to delegates in e-courseware format. Delegates will be provided with instructions on how to access their e-courseware on day one of the event. Those delegates who are attending via either virtual or extended classroom will be required to provide either three monitors (to view courseware, labs and instructor demos simultaneously) or two monitors and a mobile device. Delegates will be required to have an active TCC (Training.Citrix.com) account in order to access course materials and labs. To setup your TCC account in advance of the course, click here.
Please note: It is highly recommended that the learner use a personal email address (rather than company email) to set up their TCC account. If you do not wish to reference your company name when setting up your TCC account we recommend you use ‘EDUCALC’ as reference.
What will I learn through this course?
- Understand the functionalities and capabilities of Citrix NetScaler
- How to obtain, install, and manage NetScaler licenses
- Comprehend basic NetScaler network architecture
- Understand how SSL is used to secure the NetScaler
- Optimize the NetScaler system for traffic handling and management
- Customize the NetScaler system for traffic flow and content-specific requirements
- Employ recommended tools and techniques to troubleshoot common NetScaler network and connectivity issues
- Configure advanced load balancing and explore the new GSLB wizard on the NetScaler system
What’s covered in this course?
Module 1: Getting Started
- Introduction to NetScaler
- Feature and Platform Overview
- Deployment Options
- Architectural Overview
- Setup and Management
Module 2: Basic Networking
- Networking Topology
- NetScaler Components
- Access Control Lists
Module 3: NetScaler Platforms
- NetScaler MPX
- NetScaler VPX
- NetScaler CPX
- NetScaler SDX
Module 4: High Availability
- NetScaler High Availability
- High Availability Configuration
- Managing High Availability
- Troubleshooting High Availability
Module 5: Load Balancing
- Load Balancing Overview
- Load Balancing Methods and Monitors
- Load Balancing Traffic Types
- Load Balancing Protection
- Load Balancing Troubleshooting
Module 6: SSL Offload
- SSL Overview
- SSL Configuration
- SSL Offload
- Troubleshooting SSL Offload
- SSL Vulnerabilities and Protections
Module 7: Securing the NetScaler
- Authentication, Authorization, and Auditing
- Configuring External Authentication
- Admin Partitions
Module 8: Troubleshooting
- NetScaler Logging
- Monitoring with SNMP
- Reporting and Diagnostics
- AppFlow Functions
- NetScaler Management and Analytics System (MAS)
Module 9: Classic Policies
- Policy Overview
- Basics of Content Filtering
Module 10: Default Policies
- Default Policy Overview
- Default Expression Syntax
- Policy Bindings
- AppExpert Additional Features
Module 11: Rewrite, Responder, and URL Transformation
- Rewrite Policies
- Responder Policies
- DNS Rewrite and Responder
- URL Transformation
- Module 12: Content Switching
- Content Switching Overview
- Content Switching Configuration
Module 13: Optimization
- NetScaler Optimization Overview
- HTTP Compression
- Integrated Caching
- Front-End Optimization
Module 14: Global Server Load Balancing
- GSLB Overview
- GSLB Architecture
- Content-Switching GSLB
- GSLB MEP and Monitoring
- Customizing GSLB
Module 15: Clustering
- NetScaler Clustering Overview
- NetScaler Cluster Configuration