Learn more about six sigma and what we do.
- Provided by an IASSC fully Accredited Training Organisation (ATO): Hudson
- Exam fee paid for/included to sit the official IASSC exam and get certification from the IASSC
- Official exam can be sat at home or in the office
- Upon successful completion of the final exam, you will receive a certification from the IASSC confirming you are fully Six Sigma Green Belt certified
- 12 months access to course material
- Video based course material: Fully narrated by the tutor, this includes hundreds of illustrations, graphics, charts, diagrams, and added animations to illustrate learning concepts.
- Course notes: Illustrated with images, tables, graphs, and diagrams, these can be downloaded and used off-line.
- DMAIC case studies: We have developed illustrated PDF case studies covering one topic from each DMAIC phase to help solidify your knowledge of the six sigma methodology.
- Video based project case study: This is a narrated case study focusing on the application of DMAIC tools and concepts in a commercial setting.
- Pre-recorded exam prep webinars: These DMAIC webinars cover the entire IASSC body of knowledge (BOK), and will help reinforce what you have learnt on the course and prepare you for the final exam.
- Interactive knowledge checks: As the name suggests, these are interactive knowledge checks – using drag and drop functionality. It’s a fun and easy way to help you grasp DMAIC.
- Interactive DMAIC simulation: This is an animated and narrated simulation of a six sigma project. You are prompted to choose the correct course of action throughout your project journey.
- Interactive quizzes: Test your knowledge after each DMAIC phase with this multiple choice set of quizzes.
- Practice test papers: These downloadable practice test papers will help prepare you for the final exam.
- IASSC Exam: The exam fee is covered in the course price.
- Interactive forums with other students: Reach out to other students, start your own posts, ask questions, discuss six sigma topics, and share your six sigma work.
- Downloadable six sigma templates: We have created a series of downloadable Excel templates that you can use during and after the course. You’ll find many of these discussed within the course. They can be used to apply your six sigma skills or utilised during a project.
- Live Q&A webinars: These run once a month with the tutor. They include access to previous webinars.
- Video based Minitab DMAIC exercises: This is an excellent resource to help cement your understanding of six sigma concepts, but also help you understand how to apply your six sigma skills in the real world. After watching the video tutorials, you’ll be prompted to perform the exercises.
Meet your tutor, Dr Dan Green (an IASSC Accredited Training Associate).
- Total duration: 136 hours
Monthly Live Q&A Webinars
As part of this course, students are given access to live, online Q&A webinars with Dr Green. These run once a month and last for 1 hour. Students are invited to email in their Six Sigma questions throughout their course, which Dr Green will answer during the webinars. Following this, the floor is then opened to live questions from students.
An example of the monthly webinar with Dr Green.
What is Six Sigma?
Six Sigma is a set of techniques and tools for process improvement. It was introduced by engineer Bill Smith while working at Motorola in 1986. Jack Welch made it central to his business strategy at General Electric in 1995. Today it is used in many industrial sectors.
Six Sigma seeks to improve the quality of the output of a process by identifying and removing the causes of defects and minimizing variability in manufacturing and business processes. It uses a set of quality management methods, mainly empirical, statistical methods, and creates a special infrastructure of people within the organization, who are experts in these methods. Each Six Sigma project carried out within an organization follows a defined sequence of steps and has specific value targets, for example: reduce process cycle time, reduce pollution, reduce costs, increase customer satisfaction, and increase profits.
The term Six Sigma originated from terminology associated with statistical modeling of manufacturing processes. The maturity of a manufacturing process can be described by a sigma rating indicating its yield or the percentage of defect-free products it creates. A six sigma process is one in which 99.99966% of all opportunities to produce some feature of a part are statistically expected to be free of defects (3.4 defective features per million opportunities). Motorola set a goal of “six sigma” for all of its manufacturing operations, and this goal became a by-word for the management and engineering practices used to achieve it.
Hudson is proud to be an IASSC Accredited Training Organisation. Click here to verify.
Watch this video to learn more about IASSC certifications.
Certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belts
The IASSC Certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belt (ICBB) is a professional who is well versed in the Lean Six Sigma Methodology, who leads improvement projects, typically in a full-time role. A Lean Six Sigma Green Belt possesses a thorough understanding of all aspects within the phases of D-M-A-I-C. They understand how to perform and interpret Six Sigma tools and how to use standard principles of Lean.
About this Course
This certification course will prepare you to successfully lead and execute Lean Six Sigma projects, perform Six Sigma analysis, and use the D.M.A.I.C (Define Measure Analyze Improve Control) methodology.
It is comprised of professionally narrated e-Learning modules, interactive quizzes, tests and exams. All delivered through a system that you will have access to 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
About the Certification
Upon successful passing of the official IASSC exam, you will receive a Certificate, suitable for framing, issued by the International Association for Six Sigma Certification. You will also receive the IASSC Marks/Logos and IASSC Marks/Logos Usage Policy which may be used on public profiles such as LinkedIn. You may use the designation ICBB (International Association for Six Sigma Certification Certified Six Sigma Black Belt), and IASSC Certified Green Belt or any approved variation of the designation after your name in accordance with the IASSC Marks Usage Policy.
An example of an official IASSC Six Sigma Green Belt Certification which you will gain upon completion of this course and passing the official exam.
What does it mean to be certified?
The IASSC Certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belt (ICBB) is a professional who is well versed in the Lean Six Sigma Methodology who both leads or supports improvement projects, typically as a full-time role. A Lean Six Sigma Green Belt possesses a thorough understanding of all aspects within the phases of D-M-A-I-C. They understand how to perform and interpret Six Sigma tools and how to use standard principles of Lean. They also possess a more comprehensive understanding of the D-M-A-I-C phase than a Green Belt.
At the end of this Six Sigma Green Belt certification course, you will be able to:
- Become a key stakeholder in leading, and implementing lean six sigma projects in your organization to Green Belt level
- Understand Six Sigma and DMAIC Methodology to Green Belt level
- Describe how to identify an improvement project in the Define phase to Green Belt level
- Explain how to measure process and product in the Measure phase to Green Belt level
- Perform data analysis and hypothesis testing in the Analyze phase to Green Belt level
- Identify the possible improvement actions for the performance of variations in the Improve phase to Green Belt level
- Define efficient operating levels for inputs and outputs in the Control phase to Green Belt level
- Identify the voice of customers, their requirements and needs
- Understand their role in the success deployment
- Understand how to develop a strategy for Six Sigma approach
- Apply the DMAIC process to business issues to Green Belt level
Who is this course aimed at?
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt is most beneficial for organizations that encourage employees to take up Quality projects and ensure efficiency in all business/industry processes. This certification is most suited for:
- Quality and Process Managers, System Managers, Analysts, Auditors, Engineers and Executives who need to have a thorough understanding of Six Sigma to a Green Belt level. As part of your job role, you may also require the application of Six Sigma in process/quality improvements.
- Production Managers, Production Supervisors, and Customer Service Managers
- People wanting a thorough understanding of Six Sigma thinking and techniques
- Consultants who want to incorporate Six Sigma Green Belt into their service offerings
- Professionals working in the support functions like Finance, Purchase, Sales, Marketing, Training, Recruitment, Operations, IT-Support, Travel, etc.
What does this course cover?
In addition to covering the DMAIC methodology for preparation of the IASSC exam, this course also:
- Explains the reasoning and basis behind Six Sigma and Lean
- Will train you in the use of the Six Sigma tools and techniques
- Will provide you with exercises
- Will provide you with Minitab examples
- Will provide you with hints and tips on running a successful project
- Hudson Intro
Welcome & Instructions on Using this Course
- Welcome & Instructions on Using this Course
- A Note on Accessing the Quizzes
- A Note on Attending the Webinars
IASSC Lean Six Sigma Green Belt: COURSE NOTES
- DEFINE – IASSC Lean Six Sigma Green Belt – Course Notes
- MEASURE – IASSC Lean Six Sigma Green Belt – Course Notes
- ANALYSE – IASSC Lean Six Sigma Green Belt – Course Notes
- IMPROVE – IASSC Lean Six Sigma Green Belt – Course Notes
- CONTROL – IASSC Lean Six Sigma Green Belt – Course Notes
- Content Exclusively Covered in the Course Notes
IASSC Lean Six Sigma Green Belt: INTRODUCTION
IASSC Lean Six Sigma Green Belt: DEFINE PHASE
- DEFINE – Phase Intro
- 1.00 DEFINE – Course Structure
- 1.01 DEFINE – Introduction to Six Sigma
- 1.02 DEFINE – Steps & Tools
- 1.03 DEFINE – The Cost of Poor Quality
- 1.04 DEFINE – Six Sigma Metrics
- 1.05 DEFINE – Lean
- 1.06 DEFINE – Project Charter
- 1.07 DEFINE – Phase Summary
- 1.08 DEFINE – Case Study: Building a Business Case
- 1.10 DEFINE – Case Study: Pareto Chart Applications
- 1.11 DEFINE – Knowledge Check 1 (4 tasks)
- 1.13 DEFINE – Knowledge Check 2 (4 tasks)
- 1.12 DEFINE – Knowledge Check 3 (1 task)
- 1.14 DEFINE – Knowledge Check 4 (1 task)
- 1.15 DEFINE – Quiz
IASSC Lean Six Sigma Green Belt: MEASURE PHASE
- MEASURE – Phase Intro
- 2.00 MEASURE – Course Structure
- 2.01 MEASURE – Process Mapping Overview
- 2.02 MEASURE – Types of Process Map
- 2.03 MEASURE – Inputs to the Process
- 2.04 MEASURE – Cause & Effect Diagrams
- 2.05 MEASURE – X-Y Matrix
- 2.06 MEASURE – FMEA
- 2.07 MEASURE – Basic Statistics – Part 1
- 2.08 MEASURE – Basic Statistics – Part 2
- 2.09 MEASURE – Graphs
- 2.10 MEASURE – Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA) Overview
- 2.11 MEASURE – Measurement Systems Analysis – Continuous Data
- 2.12 MEASURE – Measurement Systems Analysis – Quantitative Data
- 2.13 MEASURE – Stability
- 2.14 MEASURE – Capability Analysis
- 2.14 (a) MEASURE – Calculating Capability Statistics (by Tamela Serensits – Master of Applied Statistics M.A.S)
- 2.15 MEASURE – Capability Analysis – Non-Normal Data
- 2.16 MEASURE – Phase Summary
- 2.17 MEASURE – Case Study: Measurement System Analysis
- 2.18 MEASURE – Knowledge Check 1 (4 tasks)
- 2.20 MEASURE – Knowledge Check 2 (4 tasks)
- 2.19 MEASURE – Knowledge Check 3 (1 task)
- 2.21 MEASURE – Knowledge Check 4 (1 task)
- 2.22 MEASURE – Quiz
IASSC Lean Six Sigma Green Belt: ANALYSE PHASE
- ANALYSE – Phase Intro
- 3.00 ANALYSE – Course Structure
- 3.01 ANALYSE – Overview
- 3.02 ANALYSE – Multi-vari Analysis
- 3.03 ANALYSE – Classes of Distributions
- 3.04 ANALYSE – Hypothesis Testing
- 3.05 ANALYSE – Sample Variance & Population Variance
- 3.06 ANALYSE – Continuous Output Data – Comparing Two Samples
- 3.07 ANALYSE – Continuous Output Data – Comparing More than Two Samples
- 3.08 ANALYSE – Continuous Output Data – Testing a Sample Against a Standard
- 3.11 ANALYSE – Phase Summary
- 3.12 ANALYSE – Case Study: The Box Plot
- 3.13 ANALYSE – Knowledge Check 1 (4 tasks)
- 3.15 ANALYSE – Knowledge Check 2 (4 tasks)
- 3.14 ANALYSE – Knowledge Check 3 (1 task)
- 3.16 ANALYSE – Knowledge Check 4 (1 task)
- 3.17 ANALYSE – Quiz
IASSC Lean Six Sigma Green Belt: IMPROVE PHASE
- IMPROVE – Phase Intro
- 4.00 IMPROVE – Course Structure
- 4.01 IMPROVE – Regression Analysis
- 4.02 IMPROVE – Multiple Regression
- 4.03 IMPROVE – Design of Experiments
- 4.04 IMPROVE – Full and Fractional Factorials
- 4.05 IMPROVE – Concept Generation
- 4.06 IMPROVE – Implementation
- 4.07 IMPROVE – Phase Summary
- 4.08 IMPROVE – Case Study: Regression Analysis
- 4.09 IMPROVE – Knowledge Check 1 (4 tasks)
- 4.11 IMPROVE – Knowledge Check 2 (4 tasks)
- 4.10 IMPROVE – Knowledge Check 3 (1 task)
- 4.12 IMPROVE – Knowledge Check 4 (1 task)
- 4.13 IMPROVE – Quiz
IASSC Lean Six Sigma Green Belt: CONTROL PHASE
- CONTROL – Phase Intro
- 5.00 CONTROL – Course Structure and Overview
- 5.01 CONTROL – Final Capability, Lean Controls
- 5.02 CONTROL – Control Plans
- 5.03 CONTROL – Center Line & Control Limit Calculation, Control Plans
- 5.04 CONTROL – Phase Summary
- 5.05 CONTROL – Case Study: The Control Plan
- 5.06 CONTROL – Knowledge Check 1 (4 tasks)
- 5.08 CONTROL – Knowledge Check 2 (4 tasks)
- 5.07 CONTROL – Knowledge Check 3 (1 task)
- 5.09 CONTROL – Knowledge Check 4 (1 task)
- 5.10 CONTROL – Quiz
IASSC Lean Six Sigma Green Belt: CONCLUSION
Six Sigma DMAIC Project Case Study
- DMAIC Project Case Study: Reducing Shirt Defect Rates
Six Sigma DMAIC Simulation
- DMAIC Simulation
IASSC Lean Six Sigma Exam Prep Webinars
- IASSC Lean Six Sigma Exam Prep – DEFINE
- IASSC Lean Six Sigma Exam Prep – MEASURE
- IASSC Lean Six Sigma Exam Prep – ANALYSE
- IASSC Lean Six Sigma Exam Prep – IMPROVE
- IASSC Lean Six Sigma Exam Prep – CONTROL
IASSC Lean Six Sigma Green Belt: SAMPLE TEST PAPERS
- Sample Test Paper 1 – Questions and Answers
- Sample Test Paper 2 – Questions
- Sample Test Paper 2 – Questions and Answers
- Sample Test Paper 3 – Questions
- Sample Test Paper 3 – Questions and Answers
- Sample Test Paper 4 – Questions
- Sample Test Paper 4 – Questions and Answers
- Sample Test Paper 5 – Questions
- Sample Test Paper 5 – Questions and Answers
- Sample Test Paper 6 – Questions
- Sample Test Paper 6 – Questions and Answers
RESOURCE: Six Sigma Exam Reference Document
- IASSC Examination Reference Document
RESOURCE: Six Sigma DMAIC Excel Templates
- DEFINE Templates
- MEASURE Templates
- ANALYSE Templates
- IMPROVE Templates
- CONTROL Templates
RESOURCE: Six Sigma Minitab Exercises
- WEBINAR (with Tamela Serensits). TOPIC: Introduction to Minitab
- Minitab Exercises – Series Intro
- DEFINE Minitab Exercises
- MEASURE Minitab Exercises
- ANALYSE Minitab Exercises
- IMPROVE Minitab Exercises
- CONTROL Minitab Exercises
RESOURCE: Six Sigma Webinars
- Six Sigma: How to Apply it in the Real World
- Six Sigma: DMADV
About the Exam
The IASSC Certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belt exam is a 100 question, closed book, proctored exam with a 3 hour allotted time. Some forms of this exam may also include up to an additional 10 non-graded questions. The exam contains approximately 20 multiple-choice and true/false questions from each major section of the IASSC Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Body of Knowledge.
In order to achieve the professional designation of IASSC Certified Green Belt (IASSC-CGB™) from the International Association for Six Sigma Certification, candidates must sit for the IASSC Certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Exam and achieve a minimum score of 70%.
How will I take the exam?
The IASSC official exam can be conducted online in the comfort of your own home or office. In order to sit the exam online, you must meet the following hardware and software requirements:
- A computer with a keyboard and mouse
- A quiet and calm location at your home or office
- A web camera that you can rotate 360 degrees so you can be observed by a proctor (the observer)
- An active reliable broadband/high-speed internet connection of at least 4Mbps
- Browser compatibility: the latest version of Internet Explorer, Windows Firefox, Windows Chrome, Mac Firefox, Mac Chrome with Java (these can be downloaded for free before beginning the test)
- Enabled Java Runtime and cookies enabled which comes standard with web browsers
A test taker setting up for the online test with a proctor/observer
Below is a description of what to expect during the online exam:
Once you have logged into the online exam portal, a professional IASSC proctor will personally meet you in a virtual online testing environment. Using your webcam you will provide identification and the proctor will authorize the execution of your exam session, staying with you throughout the testing and submission process. The proctor will ensure the rules are followed and you have the support you need while you take the IASSC certification exam directly on your computer from the comfort of your home or office 24/7/365. Official results will typically be provided within 48 hours of the conclusion of your exam.
Exam Retake Option
If you don’t feel you have an aptitude for exams, we offer an upgrade option to retake the exam in the event you fail on your first attempt. Click the button below for further details.
Can I continue to access my course after 12 months has lapsed?
Yes. Once 12 months has lapsed since you enrolled on the course, you will be automatically switched to a rolling monthly subscription at a cost of £39 per month. This will be debited from the payment card you used to enrol on the course the first time. Some of the features and benefits of continued access include new course content, tutor support, and access to webinars.
Please note that if your exam vouchers have expired within the 12 month period, the auto course renew feature will not extend your exam voucher expiry dates. Exams must taken within 12 months from the time of enrolment.
If you do not wish to continue to access your course account after 12 months, you can cancel the auto-renew feature at any time by emailing [email protected]
If you have any questions about this course, the certification, online exam, or anything else, please drop us an email at [email protected]