Hudson have partnered with QA to bring you this Citrix classroom and ‘Attend from Anywhere’ course. QA have twenty learning centers throughout the UK, offering well equipped, purpose-built training environments. They also have a wide network of high quality partner locations, reducing travel time. Their ‘Attend from Anywhere’ courses also allow learners to join classes regardless of their physical location.
Key facts about QA:
- 30 years’ experience providing world-class training.
- 20 learning centers throughout the UK.
- 300 learning professionals who are experts in their field.
- 500k training days delivered every year.
- 6000 clients including 80% of the FTSE 250.
About this course
Navigate the move from an on-premises environment into Citrix Cloud and learn to deploy resource locations onto Microsoft Azure. Learn the architecture, communications, and management of Citrix Cloud and the XenApp and XenDesktop Service and then migrate existing infrastructure and settings into Citrix Cloud. Plan machine catalog and virtual machine design based in Microsoft’s public cloud and deploy those machines using Machine Creation Services. Additional Azure considerations include maintenance and power management. Learn to configure Citrix StoreFront and NetScaler Gateway as a service within Citrix Cloud or as managed machines in your datacenter or on the Azure platform for remote access.
This course covers both the CCA-V materials as well as provisioning services content covered in the CCP-V exam. Students will receive an additional exam voucher with purchase of this training.
- Course type: Specialist
- Course code: CXD2521
- Duration: 5 Days
- Exam included: Not applicable
- Pre-course work included: Not applicable
- Saving when enrolled through Hudson: £213.80
- Course delivery: choose between classroom or ‘Attend from Anywhere’ (i.e. live online class)
When is the next class?
Call us on 020 3095 0468 (Mon-Fri, 9:30am-6pm) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for the next available class dates.
How much can I save if I enroll on this course through Hudson?
- QA price: £3208.80 inc VAT
- Hudson price: £2995 inc VAT
- Saving: £213.80
Who should enrol on this course?
IT Professionals familiar with XenApp and XenDesktop 7.x in an on-premises environment moving to the Citrix Cloud and deploying their XenApp and XenDesktop workloads on Microsoft Azure.
Citrix course materials are only available to delegates in e-courseware format. Delegates will be provided with instructions on how to access their e-courseware on day one of the event. Those delegates who are attending via either virtual or extended classroom will be required to provide either three monitors (to view courseware, labs and instructor demos simultaneously) or two monitors and a mobile device. Delegates will be required to have an active TCC (Training.Citrix.com) account in order to access course materials and labs. To setup your TCC account in advance of the course, click here.
Please note: It is highly recommended that the learner use a personal email address (rather than company email) to set up their TCC account. If you do not wish to reference your company name when setting up your TCC account we recommend you use ‘EDUCALC’ as reference.
What will I learn through this course?
- Understand the differences between XenApp and XenDesktop on-premises and the XenApp and XenDesktop Service
- How to install, configure, and manage Citrix Cloud Connectors
- Deploy and manage Virtual Delivery Agent machines to on-premises resource locations as well as in Microsoft Azure using MCS
- Integrate Citrix Cloud and XenApp/XenDesktop with Microsoft Azure Active Directory
- Provide remote access with Citrix StoreFront and NetScaler Gateway on Microsoft Azure
What’s covered in this course?
Module 1: Introduction to Citrix Cloud
- What is Citrix Cloud
- Citrix Cloud Services
- Citrix Cloud Operation and Architecture
- Citrix Cloud Administration
Module 2: Citrix Cloud Connectors
- Cloud Connector Architecture
- Installing and configuring Citrix Cloud Connectors
Module 3: Introduction to the XenApp and XenDesktop Service
- XenApp and XenDesktop Deployment Models
- XenApp and XenDesktop Service with On-Premises Resources
- Configuring the XenApp and XenDesktop Service
- Delivering Apps and Desktop to End-Users Using On-Premises Resources with MCS
Module 4: Managing the XenApp and XenDesktop Service
- Citrix Studio and Director
- XenApp and XenDesktop Remote PowerShell SDK
- Managing Multiple Resource Locations
- Using PVS with the XenApp and XenDesktop Services
Module 5: Providing Access with StoreFront and NetScaler in Citrix Cloud
- Consideration for StoreFront Location
- Consideration for NetScaler Gateway Locations
- Configuring StoreFront and NetScaler Gateway Access in Citrix Cloud
Module 6: Public Cloud Considerations
- General Public Cloud Considerations
- Microsoft Azure as a Citrix Cloud Resource Location (Lecture only)
- Amazon Web Services as a Citrix Cloud Resource Location (Lecture only)
Module 7: On-Premises Migration to the XenApp and XenDesktop Service
- Citrix Cloud Migration Options and Considerations
- Migrating Policies and Settings
- Migrating Machine Catalogs and Delivery Groups
- Considerations for Migrating to a Public Cloud
Module 8: XenApp and XenDesktop on Azure Overview
- Defining IAAS
- XenApp and XenDesktop Azure Deployment Models
- Azure Fundamentals Review
- Azure Management
- Azure Locations
Module 9: XenApp and XenDesktop Integration with Azure Active Directory
- Active Directory Basics
- Active Directory Usage
- Connecting On-premises Active Directory to Azure
- Azure Role Based Access Control
Module 10: Connecting to Microsoft Azure
- Azure Connectivity
- Cloud Connectors in Azure
- Creating XenApp and XenDesktop Host Connections to Azure
Module 11: Deploying Apps and Desktops using Machine Creation Services
- Master Image Preparation
- Machine Creation Services in Azure
- Considerations for Deploying onto Azure
Module 12: Providing Access to End Users
- StoreFront Locations
- NetScaler Locations
- Multiple XenApp and XenDesktop Zones in Azure Regions
Module 13: Maintaining Infrastructure and VDAs in Microsoft Azure
- Maintaining Infrastructure
- Maintaining Resources
- Power Management
Module 14: Plan for a Successful POC
- Planning your next steps