Hudson have partnered with QA to bring you this Citrix classroom and ‘Attend from Anywhere’ course. QA have twenty learning centers throughout the UK, offering well equipped, purpose-built training environments. They also have a wide network of high quality partner locations, reducing travel time. Their ‘Attend from Anywhere’ courses also allow learners to join classes regardless of their physical location.
Key facts about QA:
- 30 years’ experience providing world-class training.
- 20 learning centers throughout the UK.
- 300 learning professionals who are experts in their field.
- 500k training days delivered every year.
- 6000 clients including 80% of the FTSE 250.
About this course
Designed for students with previous experience with XenApp and XenDesktop on-premises. This course introduces Citrix Cloud including architecture, communications, management, installation and configuration of the Citrix Cloud Connector. Learn about the services available in Citrix Cloud and get hands on with the XenApp and XenDesktop Service. Students will learn to deliver resources using the XenApp and XenDesktop Service and Cloud Connectors and to migrate existing on-premises infrastructure into a Citrix Cloud service through hands-on-labs.
This course covers both the CCA-V materials as well as provisioning services content covered in the CCP-V exam. Students will receive an additional exam voucher with purchase of this training.
- Course type: Specialist
- Course code: CXD250
- Duration: 3 Days
- Exam included: Not applicable
- Pre-course work included: Not applicable
- Saving when enrolled through Hudson: £166.20
- Course delivery: choose between classroom or ‘Attend from Anywhere’ (i.e. live online class)
When is the next class?
Call us on 020 3095 0468 (Mon-Fri, 9:30am-6pm) or email us at email@example.com for the next available class dates.
How much can I save if I enroll on this course through Hudson?
- QA price: £2461.20 inc VAT
- Hudson price: £2295 inc VAT
- Saving: £166.20
Who should enrol on this course?
Students interested in migrating to the Citrix Cloud and XenApp and XenDesktop Service including, Partners, Administrators, Engineers, Architects.
Citrix course materials are only available to delegates in e-courseware format. Delegates will be provided with instructions on how to access their e-courseware on day one of the event. Those delegates who are attending via either virtual or extended classroom will be required to provide either three monitors (to view courseware, labs and instructor demos simultaneously) or two monitors and a mobile device. Delegates will be required to have an active TCC (Training.Citrix.com) account in order to access course materials and labs. To setup your TCC account in advance of the course, click here.
Please note: It is highly recommended that the learner use a personal email address (rather than company email) to set up their TCC account. If you do not wish to reference your company name when setting up your TCC account we recommend you use ‘EDUCALC’ as reference.
What will I learn through this course?
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the architecture and communications of the Citrix Cloud
- Understand the differences between XenApp and XenDesktop on-premises and the XenApp and XenDesktop Service
- Describe the services and resources available through Citrix Cloud
- Install, configure, and manage Citrix Cloud Connectors
- Deliver app and desktop resources to on-premises resource locations
- Understand considerations for StoreFront and NetScaler Gateway locations with Citrix Cloud
- Migrate existing on-premises XenApp and XenDesktop infrastructure to the Citrix Cloud
What’s covered in this course?
Module 1: Introduction to Citrix Cloud
- What is Citrix Cloud
- Citrix Cloud Services
- Citrix Cloud Operation and Architecture
- Citrix Cloud Administration
Module 2: Citrix Cloud Connectors
- Cloud Connector Architecture
- Installing and configuring Citrix Cloud Connectors
Module 3: Introduction to the XenApp and XenDesktop Service
- XenApp and XenDesktop Deployment Models
- XenApp and XenDesktop Service with On-Premises Resources
- Configuring the XenApp and XenDesktop Service
- Delivering Apps and Desktop to End-Users Using On-Premises Resources
Module 4: Managing the XenApp and XenDesktop Service
- Citrix Studio and Director
- XenApp and XenDesktop Remote PowerShell SDK
- Managing Multiple Resource Locations
- Using PVS with the XenApp and XenDesktop Services
Module 5: Providing Access with StoreFront and NetScaler in Citrix Cloud
- Consideration for StoreFront Locations
- Consideration for NetScaler Gateway Locations
- Configuring StoreFront and NetScaler Gateway Access in Citrix Cloud
Module 6: Public Cloud Considerations
- General Public Cloud Considerations
- Microsoft Azure as a Citrix Cloud Resource Location (Lecture only)
- Amazon Web Services as a Citrix Cloud Resource Location (Lecture only)
Module 7: On-Premises Migration to the XenApp and XenDesktop Service
- Citrix Cloud Migration Options and Considerations
- Migrating Policies and Settings
- Migrating Machine Catalogs and Delivery Groups