Hudson have partnered with QA to bring you this Citrix classroom and ‘Attend from Anywhere’ course. QA have twenty learning centers throughout the UK, offering well equipped, purpose-built training environments. They also have a wide network of high quality partner locations, reducing travel time. Their ‘Attend from Anywhere’ courses also allow learners to join classes regardless of their physical location.
Key facts about QA:
- 30 years’ experience providing world-class training.
- 20 learning centers throughout the UK.
- 300 learning professionals who are experts in their field.
- 500k training days delivered every year.
- 6000 clients including 80% of the FTSE 250.
About this course
This foundational administration course covers the major aspects of installing, configuring and managing a highly available XenApp and XenDesktop 7.1x environment. Gain an understanding of the solution architecture and communications, and the factors that contribute to a successful deployment. This five-day course will teach you how to deploy and deliver apps and desktops; install and configure StoreFront and Citrix Receiver; set up profile management; and configure policies, printing and basic security features. You’ll also learn how to monitor and troubleshoot the environment with Citrix Director. This training will help you prepare for the Citrix Certified Associate in Virtualization (CCA-V) exam.
- Course type: Essentials
- Course code: CXD2102
- Duration: 5 Days
- Exam included: Not applicable
- Pre-course work included: Not applicable
- Saving when enrolled through Hudson: £303.80
- Course delivery: choose between classroom or ‘Attend from Anywhere’ (i.e. live online class)
When is the next class?
Call us on 020 3095 0468 (Mon-Fri, 9:30am-6pm) or email us at email@example.com for the next available class dates.
How much can I save if I enroll on this course through Hudson?
- QA price: £3298 inc VAT
- Hudson price: £2995 inc VAT
- Saving: £303.80
Is this course right for me?
Built for IT Professionals who need to install, configure, and manage XenApp and XenDesktop. This course is an appropriate starting point or refresher on version 7.1x for administrators, engineers, and architects.
Citrix Versions Covered:
This course is based on XenApp and XenDesktop 7.1x including the hands- on labs. The current version of this training is XenApp and XenDesktop 7.15
Citrix course materials are only available to delegates in e-courseware format. Delegates will be provided with instructions on how to access their e-courseware on day one of the event. Those delegates who are attending via either virtual or extended classroom will be required to provide either three monitors (to view courseware, labs and instructor demos simultaneously) or two monitors and a mobile device. Delegates will be required to have an active TCC (Training.Citrix.com) account in order to access course materials and labs. To setup your TCC account in advance of the course, click here.
Please note: It is highly recommended that the learner use a personal email address (rather than company email) to set up their TCC account. If you do not wish to reference your company name when setting up your TCC account we recommend you use ‘EDUCALC’ as reference.
What will I learn through this course?
- Gain foundational knowledge of XenApp and XenDesktop required to be successful with the platform
- How to install, configure, and manage a highly available XenApp/XenDesktop site
- How to deploy and deliver apps and desktops to end users using Machine Creation Services (MCS) on Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016
- How to manage the end-user experience through policies and settings including profiles and printing
What’s covered in this course?
Module 1: Architecture Overview
- FlexCast models (use cases)
- Connection flow process
- Hosting platform considerations
- Layered approach methodology
Module 2: Initial Requirements and Lab
- Citrix consulting methodology
- Supporting infrastructure requirements
- Supporting infrastructure licensing considerations
- Lab environment
Module 3: Installing and Configuring a XenApp and XenDesktop Site
- Licensing considerations
- Installation and management of the Citrix License Server setup
- Basic license server troubleshooting
- Delivery Controller role
- The XenApp and XenDesktop Site
- Databases and the Local Host Cache (LHC)
Module 4: Provision and Deliver Application and Desktop Resources
- The Virtual Delivery Agent
- Machine Catalogs and Delivery Groups
- Provisioning methods and considerations
- Machine Creation Services (MCS) in deep-dive
- MCS environment considerations
- Delivering Office 365 considerations
Module 5: Providing Access with Citrix StoreFront and Receiver
- StoreFront installation and architecture
- StoreFront authentication services
- Citrix Receiver
- Receiver configurations
Module 6: Understanding and Configuring Citrix Policies
- Policies introduction
- Citrix policies applied
Module 7: Application Presentation and Management
- Application properties
- Workspace Control
- Shortcut placement
- Session Prelaunch and Session Lingering
- Application groups
Module 8: Printing with XenApp and XenDesktop
- Printing introduction
- Printer driver management
- Citrix Universal Print Driver and Server
- Common printing troubleshooting
Module 9: Citrix Profile Management
- User profiles and Citrix Profile Management
- Configuring Citrix Profile management
Module 10: Managing the XenApp and XenDesktop Site
- Delegated administration
- Logging and reporting
- Introduction to PowerShell
- Power management
Module 11: XenApp and XenDesktop Site Redundancy
- Component failure review
- Methods of redundancy
- Configuring site and access infrastructure redundancy
Module 12: XenApp and XenDesktop Site Basic Network Security
- Citrix administrator introduction to security considerations
- Certificate authority
- XML service security
- External HDX connection security with NetScaler Gateway
Module 13: Monitoring the XenApp and XenDesktop Site
- Introduction to Citrix Director
- Navigating Director
- Trends and reports
- Alerts and notifications
- Monitoring sessions
- Interacting with sessions
- Network monitoring integration
Module 14: Introduction to Supporting and Troubleshooting XenApp and XenDesktop
- Introduction to supporting XenApp and XenDesktop Site
- XenApp and XenDesktop Hotfixes and the Long Term Service Release
- Common Troubleshooting Tools
- Proactive administration and common tasks